Fork Lift Truck Driver
- Job Area: Warehouse
- Location: Shotton, Flintshire
We are looking for a qualified FLT Driver to join our logistics team in Shotton.
Keep your career moving forwards…
Gwynedd Shipping Group is an award-winning transport, shipping and storage company, operating within the UK and Ireland with a modern fleet of over 650 trailers. Having built a reputation for delivering exceptional customer service, and with an established team of over 150 professionals, the business is continuing to grow year on year, and is also part of Palletways, Europe’s largest and fastest growing palletised freight network.
What will this role of FLT Driver entail?
- To assist with general warehouse operations and tranship of goods of the Gwynedd Shipping Group customer base in a safe and professional manner
- To conduct all main operational activities in the warehouse and on the yard
- To drive a FLT safely, legally and efficiently to carry out the Palletways operation and other Gwynedd Shipping Group operations.
- To load and unload vehicles and maintain safety and security of load at all times.
- To maintain clear organisation of goods in & outside of the warehouse
- To carry out all necessary checks to ensure FLT is safe and legal before and during use, and to follow appropriate procedures if it is not.
- To use the HHT to carry out Palletways operations required for both morning & evening operations
- To carry out other general duties around the site
- To carry out collections & deliveries using company vehicles provided i.e. company van
- To ensure the warehouse and yard is kept tidy at all times
- To act as company ambassador when dealing with customers.
- To complete all paperwork promptly and accurately as required (and to effectively use any equipment provided by the company).
- To operate all vehicle systems effectively.
- To report all near misses and accidents to the Palletways Supervisor as soon as possible and to assist in any following investigations.
- To attend all training sessions and workshops as and when you are invited.
What will I need to be considered for this FLT Driver vacancy?
- FLT Licence
- Full UK driving licence.
- Physically able to stand, sit, move, squat & walk during the course of the shift.
- Basic administration and IT skills, with working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, SAP & WMS systems.
- Strong team & operational planning and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
What will I receive in return?
You’ll be part of a growing business working as part of a professional team, and you’ll have the opportunity to progress in the FLT driver role or develop your career in other areas of the company.
Salary: £22,100.00, Payment monthly. With pension scheme and death in service cover among other benefits.
Contract type: Permanent. You’ll work full time hours, Monday to Friday, hours required by the contract. Potential for some flexibility with start and finish times, to be agreed at interview. Overtime available at the request of the customer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £22,100.00 /year