- Job Area: Health and Safety
- Location: Shotton, Flintshire
Are you results focused with superior organisation and communication skills? Then this is the perfect opportunity for you. Gwynedd Shipping Ltd (GSL) are recruiting a HSEQ Manager to join their friendly, professional team covering depots in Holyhead, Deeside and Newport, South Wales.
Who will I be working with?
Gwynedd Shipping Group is an award-winning transport, shipping and storage company, operating within the UK and Ireland with a modern fleet of over 650 trailers. Having built a reputation for delivering exceptional customer service, and with an established team of over 160 professionals, the business is continuing to grow year on year and has recently joined Palletways, Europe’s largest and fastest growing palletised freight network.
- To understand and apply all responsibilities relating to Health, Safety and Environment & Quality (HSEQ) matters.
- Responsible for coordinating and conducting accident/incident investigations and reporting as required.
- Responsible for maintaining the Risk Assessments for all hazards identified as required by the management, Health and Safety at Work Regulations, COSHH Regulations and RRFSO 2005 etc.
- Responsible for identifying and coordinating and delivering HSEQ training, including inductions as required. This includes identifying the best means of delivering safety critical information and instruction to all employees.
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of legislative developments that may impact the business.
- To contributing innovative ideas for the ongoing development of the business in regard to HSEQ.
- Non-conformance report management – Investigation, remedy and correct.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of procedures to address and ensure compliance with HSEQ matters.
- To prepare and present monthly reports on group performance.
- To prepare and issue monthly HSEQ newsletter to all staff
- Responsible for scheduling and chairing monthly HSEQ meetings, setting the agenda, taking the minutes and writing up the report.
- Responsible for undertaking and performing monthly site health and safety inspections and ensuring timely action taken for issues identified.
- To work across all levels of the business pushing best practice and ensuring compliance
To be considered for the role of Health and Safety Manager you will have the following experience, skills and attributes;
- Health and Safety Qualification
- Previously worked within the transport industry - an understanding of the business and risks involved in regard to H&S including ensuring that HSEQ functions are carried out legally, efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent communication skills
- Organisation Skills
In return you will receive;
- Salary: £35,000.00 - £38,000.00
- Location: Deeside/Shotton based with requirement to visit all depots & sites as/when required
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8:30am-5:30pm. Flexibility will be required to meet the needs of the business and customers
- Other benefits: 20 days per annum, rising by one day per year of service up to 25 days + bank holidays. Pension. Death in service. Eye wear entitlement.
- Contract type: Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £35,000.00 to £38,000.00 /year