- Job Area: Warehouse
- Location: Deeside, Flintshire
We are looking for a Warehouse Assistant to join our Deeside team.
Keep your career moving forwards…
Gwynedd Shipping Group is an award-winning transport, shipping and storage company, operating within the UK and Ireland with a modern fleet of over 650 trailers. Having built a reputation for delivering exceptional customer service, and with an established team of over 150 professionals, the business is continuing to grow year on year, and is also part of Palletways, Europe’s largest and fastest growing palletised freight network.
What will this role of Warehouse Assistant entail?
- To assist with general warehouse operations and tranship of goods of the Gwynedd Shipping Group customer base in a safe and professional manner
- To assist with operational activities in the warehouse and on the yard
- To assist the loading and unloading of vehicles and maintain safety and security of load at all times.
- To maintain clear organisation of goods in & outside of the warehouse
- To carry out other general duties around the site
- To ensure the warehouse and yard is kept tidy at all times
- To report all near misses and accidents to the Warehouse Supervisor as soon as possible and to assist in any following investigations.
- To attend all training sessions and workshops as and when you are invited.
What will I need to be considered for this Warehouse Assistant vacancy?
- Full UK driving licence.
- Physically able to stand, sit, move, squat & walk during the course of the shift.
- Basic administration and IT skills, with working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, SAP & WMS systems.
- Strong team & operational planning and communication skills.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
What will I receive in return?
You’ll be part of a growing business working as part of a professional team, and you’ll have the opportunity to progress in the Warehouse Assistant role or develop your career in other areas of the company.
Salary: £17,500.00 Payment monthly. With pension scheme and death in service cover among other benefits.
Contract type: Permanent. You’ll work full time hours, Monday to Friday, hours required by the contract. Potential for some flexibility with start and finish times, to be agreed at interview. Overtime available at the request of the customer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £17,500.00 /year